Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

November 11 - December 21, 2014 Special Days in Bari

November 11 - December 21, 2014  Special Days in Bari

Where do I begin?  Much has happened and yet nothing has happened.  What I mean is daily living, studying, visiting, walking, shopping :)... all takes up my days and each day seems to be special and unique while still being just a routine.  Each day is such a gift, and seeing and talking with those I've come to dearly love here, is always so refreshing.

I will try to post in as chronological order as possible, however too much time has passed to include as many daily details as I perhaps would have otherwise.  Anyway, I will start with November 11, which would have been my father's 93rd birthday.  Thirteen years now he has been gone.  Time marches on.  When my parents passed away, I suddenly felt propelled into that generation.  Up until then, I had still thought of myself as 'young'... even though the mirror kept telling me something different; my head and heart still didn't recognize it.  But, I am very happy to still be young enough to enjoy my time and opportunities here in Italy.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014.   Again, up early to get my studies finished as I needed to walk to and take the bus to Mafalda's.  I caught the #19 at the Stazione today and Stefano picked me up at the stop... Thank you Stefano!

 Mafalda's



 The grapefruit and oranges in her yard.  Also she has pomegranates, but they are all gone now.


Wonderful lunch with AnnaMaria, Crengutsa, Stefano and Mafalda.  Finished up lunch and dishes around 2:45pm, then we all had an Italian siesta.  Around 3:45, I walked over to Cristina's and had some time with her and the children before church at 6pm.  Back home around 8:30, fixed a bite of supper, more studying... but had a coffee in the late afternoon, so couldn't sleep.  Ended up staying up way too late.  Oh well, I can sleep in... did I ever say, I Love being Retired!!!  Love, love, love this simple, leisurely lifestyle!  I don't have an excess of money, since my income is drastically reduced, but living simply, I hardly even notice!  It is wonderful!


Thursday, November 13, 2014.  Morning has broken... and yes, I did sleep in.  Decided to just make a brunch (combining breakfast and lunch), since I would be leaving early again today to the Chiropractor.  I made french toast!  Haven't done much of that type of cooking since I've been here in Italy!  It was yummy and I even had some Organic Canadian Real Maple Syrup!  Found some at one of the markets here... one of the few imports I've seen since I've been here.

Now, I must get to studying and the day is slipping away.  Will write more when I return this evening, if I have anything more to say :)
Stopped by the Lab on my way to the Chiro for a short visit with Miscioscia's.  Always nice to see them.  Caught the bus back after my appointment and then had a nice stroll down all the shops.  Always amazes me how many people come out in the evening and shop or just sit on the benches.  Thousands of people milling around!  Also,  Lungomare  is always full of people as well as centro.  
Before I got all the way back home, I checked in at the supermarket for a couple things, then came home, made a wonderful salad, got on the computer for a while and had a 'war of words' with my friend who wants to learn English and me Italian.  We are constantly correcting each other :)  Came down to who could say it the 'Best' .. most politely.... hee hee, not sure who won... good for a laugh this evening anyway.

Did my studies early this morning, so I could leave the house a bit early to catch the #53 bus to my appointment with the Chiropractor.  I catch this bus at the Stazione which is only about a 15 minute walk.  When I catch the #1 to Caputo's, I have about a 22 minute walk to that stop.  I can catch the #19 from the Stazione and it will also take me to the stop near Caputo's and Mafalda's.  Now that the weather is changing, I take the shorter walk to the bus.

Friday, November 14, 2014.  Yesterday, I had invited friends and a new contact to dinner with me at a Restaurant (La Battigia) I found on one of my walks.  It turned out to be a very nice one and a lovely evening was had by all. Teresa and Luigi,  Marco & Cristina, and Damiano... the manager of my apartment complex.  Great food, great visit.  It is still hard for me to get used to the late dinner hour here.  Our reservation was for 9pm, and by the time everyone arrived, it was around 9:30pm. Then all meals are served in courses here and I am not talking about just restaurants... never, never in any home is a complete meal put on the table all at one time.  The people here in Italy look at my pictures of tables in America and see all the food on the table and always remark on it.  Every sit-down meal in Italy is never less than a two hour meal... usually 3 hours.  Anyway, needless to say, we had a very late evening :)
Teresa, Luigi, me, Damiano
Marco, Cristina, Teresa, Luigi
La Battigia Restaurant.  Cristina, Teresa, Luigi, me, Damiano, Marco


Cristina and Teresa
Marco and Cristina
Teresa and Luigi
Me.  Damiano

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Needless to say, after such a late evening the night before, I had a bit of sleep-in, then the usual, study, walk, etc.  Also, now that the laundry is available on the weekends, I was able to get my laundry done during the day, and my apartment cleaned up before Sunday.  Also, much translation prep work for me on Saturdays for the meetings on Sundays, as I have the language barrier thing going on :)

Sunday, November 16, 2014
Anna (Nonna/Grandma) is no longer able to be in the meetings, but loves everyone to visit with her afterwards.  Mariella on the left, her mother, Anna, and AnnaRita (Daniele's mother) on the right.
Cristina and I.  Love this girl !  I also posted this on facebook... it is now my profile picture and here are the comments that were made



And I love her kids !  I think the feeling is a bit mutual :)  Love spending time with them, but now they are back in school, so don't get as much time as before.  Do get to see them twice a week though and sometimes more.


November 19, 2014
I will include the following note/email I received and my reply, as it is easier than rewording and retyping it:


Gail to Carmen:
Wish I'd thought to ask if you need anything sent to you for the holidays that you can't get over there?!  Anyway, here's list of places to get Emoji Thanksgiving Emoji dinner Emoji around the world (outside USA, of course).  Rome is where it's at in Italy.  Will eat a few bites for you (in Oak Harbor with my family) just in case you can't make it to Roma. Emoji  Tho, am sure you're very resourceful in getting it real close to real thing if you wanted to (chicken instead of turkey, squash instead of yams/sweet potatoes/pumpkin, etc.)  Let us know what you end up doing!

Carmen to Gail:
Gail you are so thoughtful and sweet!!!  I will not be in Rome and currently have no plans here to celebrate since this is not their holiday.  I have not seen any turkeys in any store either... a few on the streets, but none in the stores :)  Eat some for me... especially the dressing, my favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving!   In addition, Special Meetings start soon here and I have been invited to many lunches and dinners, so I think that will be feast enough!!!  Won't be American style, however, I am okay with that.  When I go back to US to visit, I will have someone make me a full on Thanksgiving dinner, no matter what month it is :) :) :) :) :)


You be very careful going over the Pass and being on winter roads !  I've been following the weather over there and it doesn't look 'healthy' !!!  Lots of wrecks!  This sure makes me love being in Bari and 70 degrees !

I really thought my baseball days were over, however, I managed to 'catch' a bad head cold this week.  Now it has moved into my lungs, so cough, cough, cough.  I am eating loads of garlic, so now I smell Italian!!!  Sleeping a lot, staying in mostly, except for short walks to get some fresh air.  Taking Echinacea, superfood, lots of fresh lemon and honey in hot water, fresh pineapple juice, putting Eucalyptus Oil on all my tissues and also rubbing on my chest in the shower.  Going to be cured or killed !!  

Doing laundry today.  Yeah!!  The apartment management finally agreed to let me use the laundry on Sat & Sun during the day!  Before, we could only use it in the evenings between 7 & 11 PM and if anyone else was using it, could take a few days to find it available.  But now having it available on Sat & Sun, I don't have to stay up so late and I can wash my sheets without having to wait half the night to get them dry so I can put them back on my bed.  I would buy another set, however, sheets are very, very expensive here!  The set I bought, cost me $150 Euro !  Crazy!  

I have a Chiropractor appt at 4 today, but not sure I will go.  Depends on how I feel this afternoon.  Not sure today my head can take the pounding I get when I ride the bus.  I don't think they use shocks over here !!!!!    Now more studying...



Take care dear friend and thanks for your love, care and concern!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!  



Hugs, Black heart (cards) Carmen

November 23, 2014
Here it is the end of November and all the plants are blooming and beautiful


These are all plants in the Caputo's yard


Mariella tending her plants
Roses and fruit.  Love the weather here in Bari !

November 27, 2014 (American Thanksgiving Day).....

Wasn't expecting the feelings that came on this day.  Caught me a bit off guard.  Spent a most of the day on Skype and Facebook 'visiting' with family and friends in America. I will just copy and post the facebook comments here, as they are many :)   I think my feelings were expressed that day :)


Happy Thanksgiving all my American friends!! Have a wonderful feast and eat a couple of bites for me 
A Day to Give Thanks
By Bob Bauman JD, Chairman of Freedom Alliance
...Continue Reading
Like ·  · 


I bet there are a bunch of stuffed shirts in America about now !  hee hee
Like ·  · 
  • Janet Enderud Moments away from that yes!!!!
  • Janet Tatum Not me I was working so I won't have my till tomorro night Happy Thanksgiving
  • Heidi Block Did you find yourself a turkey for our American holiday, or are you embracing your new culture?
  • Carmen Holloway Totally embraced being in Italy yesterday Heidi ! Not a holiday for them, so they were all working and in school, so I did the same ! However, I was not missing the food as much as I was missing my family on this day, since it was the first time I had not been with family in my entire life!!!! We are 9 hours ahead, so I went shopping for 3 hours at Prada, Gucci, Zara, Perla and dozens of other shops. Be sure I didn't purchase anything... way out of my range  . Then when I returned I had an All American Tuna Fish Sandwish !! Actually my first one since I've been in Italy ! Later I skyped for several hours with my family.  . Had a wonderful 70 degree Italian day ! And even though I missed being with everyone, I still wouldn't come back... love being in Italy ! They do not have turkey's in the stores here yet... only at Christmas time. In addition, they only have turkey parts... no whole turkeys. I was in the market yesterday and saw a tiny tiny game hen... thought about purchasing that as my 'pretend' turkey  . A few days before, my dear sweet friend Liliana here in Italy, understood about Thanksgiving since she had been in America before during this time. She wants me to prepare an all American meal at her house after the holidays and when she is not working, so we are planning something for late Jan or Feb. Anyway, Heidi, thanks for asking and all in all, I had a great day yesterday !
  • Rocco Sauvage You could do some trend research for me since now you are hanging out at Prada and Gucci.




What I am thankful for on Thanksgiving day: I am thankful today for Skype!!! Spent a few hours on there today .... got to 'be with' lots of my family. I couldn't smell the turkey, but I could feel the love even from half way around the world ! Now off to bed... it is almost 10:30pm here.
Like ·  · 



Dinner with my wonderful Italian Friends couple weeks before !!
Like ·  · 
  • StephenandDonna Klepzig Did you fix them turkey & gravy?
  • Carmen Holloway Totally embraced being in Italy and doing it their wayStephenandDonna Klepzig. It was not a holiday for them, so they were all working and in school, so I did the same ! They do not have turkey's in the stores here yet... only at Christmas time. In addition, they only have turkey parts... no whole turkeys. I was in the market yesterday and saw a tiny tiny game hen... thought about purchasing that as my 'pretend' turkey . A few days before, my dear sweet friend Liliana here in Italy, understood about Thanksgiving since she had been in America before during this time. She wants me to prepare an all American meal at her house after the holidays and when she is not working, so we are planning something for late Jan or Feb. However, I was not missing the food on Thanksgiving as much as I was missing my family on this day, since it was the first time I had not been with family in my entire life!!!! We are 8/9 hours ahead of US time, so I went shopping for 3 hours at Prada, Gucci, Zara, Perla and dozens of other shops. Be sure I didn't purchase anything... way out of my range! Then when I returned I had an All American Tuna Fish Sandwish !! Actually my first one since I've been in Italy ! Later I skyped for several hours with my family. Had a wonderful 70 degree Italian day ! And even though I missed being with everyone, I still wouldn't come back... love being in Italy ! Anyway, all in all, I had a great non-turkey day ! This dinner was at a Restaurant... a very late dinner at that... our reservation was for 9pm!
  • Beverly Kaas Lookin' good Carmy



Wonderful friends good food and Skype a great
way to spend Thanksgiving
Unlike · 




November 28, 2014.

Next day, Friday, I went to Mafalda's.  
Fresh grapefruit picked at Mafalda's.  Nothing like fresh tree ripe fruit !

My daily walk along the sea

November 29, 2014, Saturday
Having made the decision to head to the mountains for the winter holidays, it now became necessary for me to buy something to wear.  I did not have any snow clothes or boots at all.  I did not even have a coat!  Teresa also had the same problem, since it had been 15 years since she had been to the mountains.  So in the late afternoon/evening, we went to Decathlon and purchased what we could.  However, there were things I needed they did not have, so I ended up ordering them from the US, then had to pay shipping twice, as they don't ship to Italy.  Anyway, called on my dear US friends there to mail them to me as soon as they arrived in hopes of receiving them in time for the Holidays.  Thank you Heather, Gail, Cindy, Dale for doing this and also for the other goodies Gail!! 


November 30, 2014, Sunday

At Mafalda's, Sun. evening after bible study.  Tonya, me, Luigi, Mafalda, Giacinto, Nicola


Hotel Boscolo Bari
Everything is fully geared up for Christmas here in Bari.  This the Hotel Boscolo Bari, just down the street from my apartment.   Not missing the cold weather in the USA.  It has been 75 here this week.  Had dinner with friends at a Restaurant last evening and had a lovely walk along the sea getting there.  Love living near the sea and sure enjoy not having to deal with winter!  However, they tell me it could get colder in Dec & Jan.  I asked "how cold" and they said it could even get down to zero C.  Of course, zero is 32 degrees F., so that would just be freezing :)  .  It is funny to me, to see them all wearing winter coats when it got down to 60 degrees F the other night :)  For me, it felt wonderful and balmy !  


December 1 - 21, 2014.


December 1, 2014
Nothing cheers a woman up more than shopping, so that is just what Cristina and I are doing today!!  We had a great time at the IperCoop Mall.  Actually had a bit of a laugh when one of the clerks thought I was an American Actress and Cristina was my shopping helper here !  Ha Ha... I think she was just trying to get my money!!  Well, it worked ☺  I have lost a considerable amount of weight and I actually had very few clothes to wear!  Found some great sweaters and tops, but no skirts.  I had a couple that I purchased in a smaller size just before returning to Italy in August, so was really glad I had done that!  

There is a big supermarket here as well, so looked for some of the things I would need for the baking I planned to do, however, no success.  There are just some things I am unable to get here in Italy, so I just learn new ways to cook.  :)  All in all, a successful day. 

December 2, 2014
Normal routine today, except had to go one last time to the Chiropractor before he left Italy for the Holidays.  He is from California (been here 18 years, married to an Italian).  Anyway, also stopped off at the Lab afterwards.  It was getting dark and I was dressed warm and in slacks, as I had walked, so decided a scooter ride was just the thing to finish off the day.  My first here in Italy!  Hadn't been on a 'bike' for a good long time... it felt exhilarating.  Not something I'm likely to do again anytime soon, but "when in Rome/Bari"...  There are thousands of people scooting around on these things over here.  

December 3, 2014
Cristina's folks had come to visit from Greece in October, but just within a couple of days, they recieved word that her mother had passed away and they had to return to Greece immediately.  They were unable to return to Italy until end Nov/ first of Dec.  I was really happy to see them again, since I had not seen them since my visit to Greece in June.  They are absolutely lovely people and I am so glad we got to spend some time together here.  They speak no English, or Italian, I speak no Greek, but thanks to Cristina and Marco, communicating is not a problem as they speak all three languages fluently.  Her folks want me to come visit them in March or April this year... not sure if that will work at that time, however, I will make another journey over there as soon as I can.  I also want to spend more time in Greece and travel to other parts, Athens, etc.  I especially want to follow Paul's travels when I get an opportunity.
 Tim and Toula and me and one of my new tops !
Toula and me


My daily walk along the promenade in front of my apartment.  Love living on the sea, have never had this privilege before and I can't get enough of it !  Also posted it to facebook... copied the comments below, as I know several of you are not on facebook.


My walk almost every day. The Promenade, Bari, Italy
Like ·  · 



December 5 - 6, 2014

My dear friend Teresa took very ill and was quite worried, as well as her family.  She was having what appeared to me to be a gallbladder attack.  Nothing to do for it on the weekend, so I suggested doing a cleanse, which she did.  I spent the day and evening there with her, returning home about 11pm Saturday evening.  Anyway, she had some relief and went to the Doctor on Tuesday.  The diagnosis was as suspected, so we waited a week and did the cleanse again.  That time she had great success and seems to be doing great now.  As we were planning to go the mountains together for the Christmas Holidays, we were all very happy that she was feeling well again !  

Ever wonder how they get the furniture up these small stairwells and into these upper floor apartments?  Well if you did, wonder no more!! This is how it gets done !




December 7 - 10, 2014

Everyone gearing up for the Holidays here in Bari.  I was in the shops and couldn't believe these prices when I saw them.  I just had to take a picture...

 $3700 Euros per kg !!  Truffles !

Cavier $2000.00 Euros !

Other pictures of my walks around the "Old City" of Bari.  Tiny narrow streets.  Just love wandering around and checking out all these old places.  Also taking pictures of my usual walks as I don't always have my camera with me.

This leads to the old church and city
 Tiny walkways and doorways in the old city






 The old sea wall and fort


December 11 - 17, 2014 
Very busy time now, with all my daily routines and the special visitors coming to Bari to make the Special Meeting rounds.  I had the special privilege of having meals with several of the friends, as the workers made their rounds. 

December 12, 2014, Friday
I promised Mafalda I would bring American pies for dessert for supper on Sunday after Special Meeting.  There were to be about 25 of us.  As all the people who had worked with me at the PUD all those years know, I love to bake pies and share them!!!  But this was new challenge for me here in Italy !  First of all, they don't eat or make pies here in Italy.  They don't even have a word for PIE in Italian.   No ready made pie crusts in the freezer section, no vegetable shorting , no shredded coconut like I am used too (found some that was almost powder!)  No cloves or ground ginger that I could find.  Then to make it even MORE difficult, I do not have an OVEN!  Since my apartment is actually a vacation rental, they didn't feel like anyone would use an oven I guess, especially, when a bakery is on every corner and some in the middle of the block as well.  Easier to buy a treat than to make it here in Italy.  So on this day, I prepared everything, made up my pie crusts with butter and put them in the refrigerator, pre-made all my pie filings and refrigerated them as well.  Apple, peach, coconut cream and pumpkin (cinnamon only and I used cream cheese.  It was delish!!)  Next day, Saturday, I bagged/boxed everything up and took it with me when I went to Teresa's for lunch.  Late in the evening after everyone had left, I 'built' my pies and used her oven to bake them.  Since I didn't want to cart them back to my home that night, and since she was going to Mafalda's on Sunday as well, I just waited and took them the next day.  They were a smashing success, if one believes all the lip smacking that went on Sunday evening ;)  





December 13, 2014
   
Here is lunch at Teresa and Luigi's
Me, Carla C, Hansruedi, Luigi, Massimo, David B

Teresa, Massimo, Luigi, Hans, Carla, David
Carla (American) and me
What Teresa made for dinner !  It was yummy !  Risotto potato frutti di mare 

Yesterday, I had made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies to take to lunch today.  They were very good and everyone liked them, however, for me, I am used to USA chocolate chips, not these tiny little flat things they have here :)  Anyway, they didn't have anything to compare them with, so they liked them... especially Luigi.  He ate several ☺  The leftovers I took to lunch on Sunday and shared them there.


December 14, 2014, Sunday.  
After Spec. Mtg. in her home on Sunday, this evening about 25 stayed for supper.  Now let me tell you, Mafalda is AMAZING !!  She is 82 (I think or more) and she has prepared a feast for this many people, and not only that, she had twice that many there all day and also for lunch !  

 She made and baked about 30 individual servings of lasagna.

 Tonya in blue apron helping Mafalda in green apron.  Anna Maria on dish duty to the right.
 Tonya frying the meat with Cristina
 Massimo, Giacinto and Luigi... Sitting by the fire or making sure the table doesn't walk off ??☺
 Enrico I
 Danny Kamper (Holland) now in Rome
 Stefano and Daniele
 Stefano and Danny on entertainment duty ☺
  


 Cristina and me



 Roberto and Aurora with Grandpa Tim.  Aurora wearing the outfit I got her for her Birthday!

 Nicola, Tuola, Cristina and Tim
 Nicola, Mariella, Toula, Cristina and Tim.  Marco stayed home with grandma, so Mariella could come to dinner.  Liliana had stayed with her all day, so Mariella was able to be with us all day!  Lovely for her to get away, as it not easy being a 24/7 caregiver.
 Nicola and Luigi.  Little side story about the suit here... it was new, first time worn and when he squatted down to help with something.... oops, the slacks weren't very flexible.... well anyway, he stayed in this seat the rest of the evening and then wore his overcoat when he got up ☺  Anyway had a bit of chuckle out of this.
 Let the eating begin!!! Yummy
 It always amazes me the amount of food that these people eat and still stay so trim!

Mafalda, Carla, AnnaMaria, David, Danny, Stefano...
Had been a long day for Aurora and Roberto!!  Expending some energy!



 December 15, 2014, Monday
Got up early and went to Mariella and Nicola's to help her prepare lunch.  Poor David had a dentist appointment that morning and wasn't able to eat anything.... however, I had sent the left over pies home with Mariella the night before, and when she served them, David made an exception for that... tooth ache or not, he had a piece of pie ! ☺  He had bought some ice cream on the way back from the dentist and Carla also had some with her pie!  They are not native Italians and appreciated good 'ole' American Pie and Ice Cream... as did I !

  AnnaMaria, Carla, me, Danny, Tim, Toula, Hans, Enrico, David and Nicola with back to camera.




December 16, 2014, Tuesday
Danny K came by my place and we took a long walk down the promenade along the sea and had a great time of visiting !  We hadn't had much time to visit since my visit to Rome in October.  Was also hoping to meet up with Damiano, however, he had a water problem in one of his rentals and was unable to meet us, so made arrangements to meet up with him the next day.
  
Danny's Italian is amazing... why am I having such a hard time with this crazy language!!  We started studying about the same time.  Granted, Danny speaks 4 languages and many I have spoken with say Italian is especially hard for American's, but, between he and Crengutsa, I am beginning to feel a little 'stupid' !  I just console myself... I have 'great' English!!



December 17, 2014, Wednesday  Lunch
Lunch at Cristina and Marco's today.  
Around 3 pm, Danny and I, along with Hans walked over to Mafalda's to pick up the car left there. Then Danny and I drove into Bari to meet up with Damiano.  He took us to a very nice coffee shop near my apartment (Damiano's office also is just around the corner from me).  Was nice they got to meet each other and we all had a great visit for little over an hour, then Danny and I needed to leave for the bible study that evening at 6pm.  Damiano expressed interest to come with us, however, he had a prior commitment.  
Roberto, Cristina, Marco, Tim, Nicola, Mariella, Toula, Aurora, Danny, AnnaMaria, Maria, Hansruedi.  David, Enrico and Carla left on Tuesday on the train to attend a funeral in the North, so were not here the last two days of visiting rounds.



 December 17, 2014, Wednesday Supper
After Bible Study, supper at AnnaRita's and Daniele
 Daniele, AnnaRita, AnnaMaria, Maria, Francesco, Danny, Hans
Daniele and his mother AnnaRita. 
Another very loooonnngg day!  They brought me home around 11pm I think it was.  

David and Enrico get back tomorrow and then head for Sicily for Specials there.  Carla went on up to her area in the North.

What a wonderful week it has been!!  Loved my time with all these wonderful dear people and all my wonderful privileges.  

Now Holiday time is almost here.


December 18-19, 2014, Thursday



 This is the promenade


 As you can see, parking is a premium all the way up and down the promenade.  This however is actually when it is NOT busy.  When it is busy, this becomes a two lane street instead of four, as they also use the right lanes to double park.  I have even seen it sometimes in places, where it was down to one driving lane, with cars taking turns maneuvering through.  If your car is parked next to the curb, be sure you will not be taking it anywhere until the next day.  On Mondays almost all the shops are closed, so on the weekends, people stay up all night or most of it anyway.  And now that the holiday shopping is here, it is crazy!! and I don't think the shops are closed at all... seems like it anyway!



 Double rainbow.  I just love when it rains here.  The thunder is so unique as it reverberates off the buildings along the waterfront.  I love listening to it.  Almost woke my daughter one morning about 5:30 her time so she could listen to it... had second thoughts... which turned out to be a good thing, because after I told her what I had almost done, she reminded me I am the one retired not her and she needs her 'beauty rest' ☺♥  I don't think I'll put it to the test to see what that actually means ☺



 December 20, 2014, Saturday

The weather is still delightful as seen by this picture taken on my walk on December 20th.  Still wearing shorts and hanging out at the beach, however, the water has definitely gotten too cold for swimming.  Lots to do today, as tomorrow is:

December 21, 2014, Sunday, and I'll be gone all day, then on Monday evening 22nd, (actually around midnight) we head to Molveno for ten days in the mountains, in the snow; skiing for them, sledding and just being for me :).   

Sunday evening AnnaMaria called to make sure I was coming back !  She wasn't sure if I was leaving Italy or just on Holiday and she cared enough to call.  She is a dear soul! 

Interesting that while we were in Molveno, Bari actually got snow.  It snowed in the night and was gone by 5pm the next evening.  Liliana said they only get snow every two or three years and it never stays for more than a few hours.  The only time I will probably ever see it snow here and I was in Molveno and missed it!!  By the time I arrived back, I was talking a walk in my shirt sleeves!

These pictures were posted by Cristina:






Okay, that is all for this post.  Next post will be the Holiday pictures taken in Molveno, however, any of you who are on facebook will have seen some of them already.

Hopefully after I get caught up on my blogging, I stay caught up, because remembering all these details is almost more than my old brain cells can handle!!  

Next post December 22-31, 2014 and a couple of January 1st. 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment