Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

November 1 - 30, 2015 Time to visit the USA

November 1 - 30, 2015 Time to visit the USA... been 16 months since I was last in the USA
Moab, Utah.... but first let me back up ....

The first three days and the morning of the 4th of November, I posted at the end of the October blog, because it just fell into place there. However, I will re-post here, just to keep all of November together, so as you start reading, don't want you to get confused... thinking, "I've seen this one already" ☺ Also, some don't read every blog I post, so if they didn't read last months... well here is all of November ☺

Sunday, November 1st 
Up and about early this morning, as Freda, Esther and I and my Lemon Cake, all caught the bus to Caputo's this AM. Wasn't especially looking forward to the rough ride, after just getting over my head/neck problem, but wasn't too bad and I didn't crash the cake either ☺

Great church service today, and again so nice to hear from Marco. Also Mariella, looked tired, but otherwise, seemed to be feeling a little better. Cristina's folks arrived yesterday, so was nice to have them with us today. After church, the normal lunch with the Caputo's, but notice anything different about this photos???...  besides missing Nicola?



 NO Marco and Cristina!!!  Just before 10am she started experiencing some labor, about 25 minutes apart, then sat through church, and half of lunch, but didn't eat anything. Then when the frequency went to 15 minutes she and Marco headed to the hospital.  We were all excited!
Even Aurora is so ready to have her new baby brother home. Her and Roberto were 'practicing' ☺
But alas, after being there for about 8 hours, the pains stopped and turned out to be Braxton Hicks (false labor). They sent her home, but hopefully won't be so long now. She of course is ready for it to be now, but that baby will come when IT is ready ☺☺ I can't wait to hold a newborn baby again. It has been a long while ☺and there is just nothing like it as all mothers and grandmothers know! ☺

After lunch, and an afternoon rest, Freda, Esther and I walked over to Mafalda's, then Franco brought us home about 7:30. He actually lives in Modugno, so it was a fair bit out of his way.  We offered to take the bus home, but he insisted and we certainly appreciated it, especially since I had a whole bag full of pans and containers to bring home. I had collected all my things up today, that I had taken out there with food a couple weeks ago, plus the cake pan from today and also a bottle of Olive Oil, so I had a fairly heavy as well as big, bag of things.

Anyway, this brings up again, whether I need to get a car. No Luigi again today... been a few weeks now, and since he has been our main 'ride' giver, there is certainly a need for another car here. So few have cars that are able to ferry 'us' around and although the buses and trains work well most of the time, there are just occasions when a car is really necessary. The challenge for me is 1) I would need to get an Italian license, 2) Insurance is very very expensive, 3) parking is a huge challenge 4) cars are often stolen when left on the street 5)what if I don't get renewed to stay here and then I'd have a car to have to sell.  Other than that, I would Love to have a car!  Anyway, I will have to give this some more serious thinking... ponder, ponder, ponder. For now, I'll go to the US, and figure it out when I return. 

Monday, November 2nd
Great rest last night and up today and feeling great until about noon. Then I noticed my throat was feeling funny and now at bedtime, it is feeling very strange. I am out of supertonic, or I for sure would knock some back about now!

Washed the sheets as it was a nice sunny day for drying, took a brief walk, but worked most of my day on my October blog, but decided not to post it until after the Caputo baby is born. Still waiting. However, just after 10:30pm, got a note from Cristina that her water had broken.  But the baby was still very high and not ready to come just yet!

Today, I sat at the computer too long, so have a little space heater here which I turned on for a little heat for my feet and legs, however, when I turned on the washing machine at the same time, I tripped the main breaker. Not just the one in my apartment, but had to go downstairs in the utility room and sure enough, it had tripped.  Which reminds me. The oven light was not working when I moved in, so I'm thinking it just needs changed, however, when I was working under the sink I noticed that it was actually unplugged, so I plugged it in.  Well, that didn't go so well.... it kept tripping the main breaker, so one more thing to get fixed.... never seems to end ☺

I made yummy shrimp Fajitas for dinner! They don't have sour cream here, so I use Greek Yogurt as a substitute and it really doesn't taste that much different. Also, had some fruit that needed to be used up, so juiced the oranges, the pomegranates, the tomatoes and drank them all! Not together, but throughout the day.

Tuesday, November 3rd
Still no baby.  All day Cristina and I chatting back and forth... me offering to bring her some Castor Oil  ☺ hee hee.

Other than waiting for the baby to arrive, I didn't do much today, except computer work, month end stuff. Then about 9pm they headed for the hospital. At 11:30pm, still no baby. I went to bed shortly after that...

Wednesday, November 4th
and at 2:42am I received the great news from Marco, "È nato Davide!" and at 5:19am Cristina sent me these photos


Isn't he adorable!!! A beautiful baby! Some of the happiest days are when babies are born. After this, I couldn't go back to sleep, so up and about now. Can't wait to see this littlest miracle and also church tonight.  Tim and Tula, Cristina's parents, arriving on Saturday was just the perfect timing!

October was such a  month of Joy and Sorrow interwoven for this beautiful family. Very special to be a part of their lives.

Also, early this morning, received a chat from a USA friend, saying she is studying French. Also asking me how my Italian is going. Well, my Italian is going, but nowhere very fast. I certainly know more than I did a year ago and actually have made some progress, however, still not near where I need to be to 'officially' say I speak the language.

Interesting thing here, as there are many immigrants and nationalities here in Italy, and I seem to ride the bus with a great variety of them. I hear all kinds of languages spoken while riding along, as they chat among themselves. Every once in a while I will also hear English.

Many times, Italian ladies my age and older, will strike up a conversation with me, and I am surprised, I can actually get most of what they are trying to convey. For instance, one of the ladies told me I don't need to buy bus tickets anymore, that I can get a pass to ride for free, however, as the conversation progressed, it turns out that I have to be 65... I know I have white hair, and am close to 65, but guess I was hoping I didn't look 65 yet... but alas, I'm sure I do ☺ Anyway, this lady must have thought I did... this is why she told me about the free bus pass.

This evening after church Marco took the children to the hospital to see their new baby brother.

 Are these not the cutest kids !!! Loving on their new baby brother... how adorable is this. And proud g'pa looking on

Thursday, November 5th
Up about 7 this morning, with a slight headache, but will get out in the fresh air and I'm sure that will help! Anyway, it won't hurt ☺ Off to the market now in the beautiful sunshine. Weather is cooler, but the sun is very warm. Weather is just perfect for me... I prefer it a little cooler for walking.

Oh my, just when I think I've seen all the crazy drivers... about a month ago I was walking along, and I saw my first sidecar here. There are motorcycles and scooters by the thousands here, but I had never seen a sidecar here. But that in itself, is not necessarily the story... it was the old man that was on the motorcycle. He pulled up and parked directly in front of me, and then got off and proceeded walking across the street. As I observed him, he appeared to have Parkinson's or something similar, as both his hands were shaking very badly and his gait was affected. Well, that certainly explained the side car!!!  I don't think there would have been any way for him to ride that bike without it... he was very 'unstable'!  Now as to why he was still driving, especially with all the craziness of the drivers here, is yet another question. If he had to take any sudden defensive moves.....

I saw him again today, which is what reminded me of this. I tried to take a photo on my cell phone, however, sometimes, it is slow to respond and I was not able to get one. Seems he may come to this particular shop often, so perhaps I'll get another opportunity.

After a late lunch, and a short nap, about 5:30 Liliana came and picked me up and we went to the bank. We both needed to do some banking there. Anyway, after I concluded my business there, I walked down to the shops in that area while Liliana did her banking. Glad I had a little time to check out some new shops... found a couple that had a lot of Organic things! Happy to find these additional shops. Bought a few things, then she brought me home just before 9pm. Also, I had ordered some things which had arrived at the Caputo's during the week, so she also brought those along this evening. I had ordered things out of the UK that I cannot get here in Italy... Braggs vinegar, organic peanut butter (can rarely find peanut butter here in Italy and never organic), and a few other just 'American' things, like Sweet Baby Rays! Can't wait to make some ribs! But won't be for a few days, as I made a big batch of Chicken and Pasta in garlic, mushroom sauce, so will need to eat that up first. Should last me a few days... was a crock pot full.

Friday, November 6th
Terrible night, couldn't stay asleep, so got up about 2am and drank a cup of Sleep Easy tea, a litre of water and finally fell back asleep about 5am. Now, I have gotten up late and as usual, when I sleep in like this I wake up with a bad headache. But more than that, I have been fighting a head cold since Monday, and everyday, I seem to feel a little worse. I am really sneezing, hacking up my lungs and sinus's draining this morning, so perhaps, the worst of it is happening now and I can get over this before Sunday. I really, really want to go see that baby. I am not going around him though, until I get over this. Cristina laughs at me, and says there will be plenty of time to 'spoil' him... ☺ 

Saturday, November 7th
Finally, feel much better this morning! Very quiet day, studying and then a nice long walk along the sea.  

Sunday, November 8th
Feels good to be back to 'normal'. Up early and ready for church. Caught the bus to Caputo's. Freda and Esther are in Manfredonia this weekend. Had a lovely day spent with Caputo's and that gorgeous new baby. These last three weeks all seems surreal somehow... extreme ends of the spectrum.. Nicola's death and and now New Life in his grandson, named after him. Davide was Nicola's middle name. Nicola was happy they were naming the baby after him.



Roberto & Aurora handing out 'birth announcements'. They are so proud of this new little brother.







Cristina's folks, Tim & Tula from Greece
 Lunch today
 Marco reading to the children
 Welcome Davide.




In the afternoon, Marco, Tula and Tim went to the market to purchase some fresh fruits, etc. Then were off to Mafalda's at six. Mariella and I went by and picked up Daniele and Massimo took him home, while Marco and Tim brought me home. Marco is planning to buy a bigger auto to accommodate his growing family, so I mentioned maybe purchasing his old car... still not definite on this, but certainly an opportunity to get a car I am already familiar with. Just to find a parking place for it will be the challenge. Anyway, I'll deal with it when I return from USA.

On the way home, I wanted to stop at Decathlon and purchase a couple of items. Crazy busy place. Half of Bari must have been in that store! The traffic exiting the highway to even get in there was backed up about half a mile. Anyway, Marco knew another entrance, so he pulled in, I jumped out and headed to the store. Thank goodness I knew what I was looking for, so was in and out of the store fairly quickly. At least the checkout lines were short.

Monday, November 9th
Monday morning is laundry day for me and it was a sunny gorgeous day, so had my sheets and things on the line before 10am. Then about 11:30 headed over to Freda and Ester's bach to have lunch with them. They had arrived back in Bari about 10am from their weekend in Manfredonia.  I had a couple of fleece vests to take to them also, and they were very happy to get them, as so many of the houses here are very cold... stone and tile... doesn't generate or hold heat very well. Since they do so much visiting and sitting, they feel the cold more than if they were active.  

On my walk over, I took the long way, as it was such a nice day out for a walk, and then after lunch, around 2pm, I headed back to my apartment. Also taking the long way, around by the sea. What a beautiful day. Stopped off at the market near my apartment and then arrived home about 3pm. My laundry was all dry by then, so took care of that and put the fresh clean sheets back on my bed. Love the smell of line-dried sheets, and the crispness when you climb in bed.

After this though, don't know why I was feeling so tired, so after doing some computer work and a few other things, I ended up going to bed at 7:30!!!  Was really afraid to go to bed so early, as I was sure I would wake in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep.

Tuesday, November 10th
The olive harvest and oil making has begun in earnest here for the Caputo's. I was hoping to perhaps go watch the oil making process today... takes about 5 or 6 hours, however, didn't hear if they got their appointment, so may not be today. Anyway, I am ready to go if I hear....  I wanted to go last year, however, they did not have any to harvest, as Nicola had been sick and unable to prune the trees that spring. This year however, he did the pruning and Tim has come to help Marco with the harvest. Since I will be gone the rest of this month, hope I get to see the process this year, otherwise, I will have to wait until next year.

I am amazed I was able to sleep through the night after having gone to bed so early last night. I did however, wake up about 5am, but continued to lay their until after 6am. My body must have needed the rest I guess. Anyway, up at at it now, getting sorted out for my departure next week.

I had ordered some food items from the UK that I am unable to get here in Italy, so this morning I had some steel cut oats for the first time in a couple of years. My that was a treat! 

Spent a good portion of today, working on the computer and the emailing, chatting, skyping... was just one of those days to get caught up.

Wednesday, November 11th
Veterans Day. Special day of remembrance for me in addition to Veterans Day. My father was born on this date in 1921 and passed away in 2001, just days after his 80th birthday, 14 years ago already.  As the years continue to quickly pass, what seemed like 'old' no longer seems that way. How brief is our short span on this earth. Having recently witnessed both the death and birth of loved ones in this dear family here in Italy, just a very good reminder, that our window of opportunity is very brief. We have no choice in when we are born and no choice in when we die. Our only window is between these two dates. We must choose wisely... how soon is our life span over. 

Up early, showered and ready for the day and evening. Going for a long walk this afternoon before I catch the bus to Caputo's. Need to make a stop at Eataly. So perhaps I will post more when I return tonight. 

Well, got my Eataly shopping done, then caught the bus to Caputo's early, so I could have some time snuggling on that new baby. With going to America soon, I won't get much time with him and a month in a tiny baby makes such a difference. They grow so quickly. 

Anyway, got my 'baby' fix today and then Marco and Tim brought Freda, Esther and I home tonight. Marco looked like he might be coming down with the same 'bug' I had. Anyway, hope he gets over it quickly, as they are in the middle of olive harvest. Liliana has been helping them to, as she is out of work right now. 
Marco raking up the olives that were shaken from the tree. (Lili's photo)

Thursday, November 12th
Another gorgeous sunny day here in Bari, but I stayed inside most of the day and spent it getting sorted out for my trip to the USA. So many things to do and the days pass so quickly. Anyway, feel like I am better prepared this evening, so off to bed here soon.

Friday, November 13th
Lovely day, so off to the market this morning, and a short walk. Later in the evening, took a long walk along the sea. 

Made this today... it was Yummy!
https://youtu.be/zXWtRQzgyaE  
Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Garlic Bread

Saturday, November 14th
More of the same, getting sorted out, studying for church, eating ☺.

Had hoped to get my residency application in before I left, however, I need to be here for that to happen, so will have to wait until I return.

Cooler today, so waiting for a bit to take my walk.

Sunday, November 15th
Last Sunday here with 'my friends' before I leave on the 18th. Snuggled a lot today on the baby before I leave ☺

Caterina and Mariella

 Aurora and Roberto love their Aunt Lili !

After church, most of us went with Marco to the plant where they were getting their olives pressed, extracting the oil. There are so many getting their olives done at this time of harvest, they have to have an appointment. The only appointment they could get was Sunday morning, so Marco's uncle went this morning and we all came after church. 


































 Heavy stuff!! 50 Litre cans

 After they brought the oil into their basement, they filled these large containers
 Some they put into these 5 Litre cans

After this, Mariella, Liliana and I went to lunch at Eataly.
 Octopus salad
 Espresso cup chandelier

After a very long lunch, because we got there late, and also, because of the long wait to get in after we got there, we didn't arrive back at Mariella's until it was almost time to leave for evening church at Mafalda's. Returned home about 8pm as usual today. Sunday's are long days for me.

Monday & Tuesday, November 16th & 17th
Lots to do these last two days getting everything done before I leave for a month. On my walk, I took mail over to my landlady's folks. She still gets some mail here from time to time. Cleaned out my refrigerator, and had a couple items that I took over to Freda's. I will turn off everything when I leave.... water, gas, electricity, etc. I don't like leaving anything on when I am gone. Gave the apartment a thorough cleaning, talked with Liliana who will take me to the airport tomorrow. All set...

Wednesday, November 18th
It is the day! Up at 5am and Liliana picked me up about 8:30. Liliana came early, as I was unsure of the situation at the airport, since there had been tightened security since the France crisis. Got to the Airport in plenty of time and there was hardly anyone there. Had to wait about an hour for them to open the check-in gate, but was nice to be through there before the rush hit and sure enough, just in a few minutes there were piles of people. So much better to be early than to have to deal with the rush. Lili and I had a cup of coffee and she was wonderfully kind to wait there with me!!
 Bari Airport
And I'm off!!
Uneventful flight to Munich, and there was one Italian family from Bari who were also on my flight from Munich to Chicago. Coming in over Munich where I will change planes. Leave Munich at 4pm.

It will be a ten hour flight and I am just now getting very tired at about 9:15pm my time, but it is still about five hours more flying time. We just crossed the tip of Greenland and will be eventually flying over the great lakes, which I wish I could see in the daytime. Anyway, huge big plane, an Airbus 330 / 300. The first class and business class are fabulous, but even here in economy class, there is lots of leg room and not cramped, so I am very happy about that. There is no one in the seat next to me, so a little extra room to put my bag, and since I layered up because I usually get very cold on these long flights, gives me a place to put my jackets. Nice. I am in the middle section of four seats and after the empty seat there is a younger man and his mother. He is from Houston and has been living working and living in the US for 13 years and is originally from Brindisi, Italy which is near Bari. He is moving his family back there now. He works for GE and they are moving him there. Sounds like he has a nice job and was fortunate that GE had an opening and he had the ability to move back to his home town. He seemed very happy about that.

The flight from Munich to Chicago, was a wonderful experience. I was flying on Lufthansa and highly recommend this airline. Their service was excellent and for the first time I ate airplane food that actually tasted like real food! Even though I had economy seating, I had a lot of leg room and it was a very comfortable 11 hour flight. I hate being cold on these long flights, so this time, I wore layers and layers of clothes and coats. I have never been so comfortable! I even slept a good portion of the time, on all my flights! This was my second one today.

With the 8 hour time difference, after flying all these hours, I arrived in Chicago about 7pm, so I got to live 8 hours twice this day ☺
My brother Leonard and wife Rhonda, were there to meet me and it was wonderful to see them. They live a few hours south of the airport, but came to meet me here and spend the night at a hotel, as my next flight from Chicago to Pasco, Washington wasn't until the next afternoon. We got my bags...I only had one checked one.  Also, I didn't bring very much with me, traveling very light this direction, as I wanted to take a 'bunch' of things back to Italy with me. There were two empty suitcases already in the USA that I was taking back with me.

We went for a lovely dinner at the Cheesecake Factory... Yum!! How I miss the restaurants we have in the USA. Nothing like them in Italy! 

Burgers, salads, stuffed mushrooms... soft bread!!! 

After a fabulous dinner and much visiting, we headed to our hotel arriving very late. I think we finally got to bed around midnight. That, however, didn't make much difference to my body... it was seriously messed up from all the time change and flying, etc. 

Thursday, November 19th
Around 4 am I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Breakfast started at 6am at the in-hotel restaurant, so since my brother and his wife weren't up yet, I headed down and had BACON!!! LOTS of bacon. Oh, bacon, how I've missed you!!  This is the one thing I knew I was going to eat a lot of when I returned to the states, since it does not exist in Italy! Also, my original thought when I planned my vacation back to the states, was perhaps I would lose a few pounds, but directly on the heals of that thought, I realized this was not likely to happen. Perhaps I could focus on maintaining my current weight and at least not Gain any!!  

At some point a little later my brother got up, so I joined him for a second breakfast... well anyway I had more bacon ☺ 

After breakfast, we went looking for a Sprint store. I wanted to get a US SIM for my smart phone, however, that turned out to be a very difficult process. Several hours and stores later, including Best Buy and Walmart I finally gave up. All Sprint really wanted to do was sell me a new phone. This was not an option, since I would only need it for 30 days, and also, since there was NO reason whatsoever, that they could not activate a new SIM for my existing LG G3... they just didn't want to. My phone is factory unlocked and this I knew, because it is the only way they sell them here in Europe. Anyway, I am not impressed with phone company's of any kind.... 

When we were in Walmart, the lady helping us turned out to be from Bari, Italy!!! What are the chances of this? Rhonda and I could hardly believe it. 

Our day together has gone so quickly... wish I could have had more time here, but lots of places to be and things to do in my short time here in the USA, and I had a flight I needed to catch, so back to the airport.

What a WINDY day it was!!! They don't call it the Windy City for nothing ☺
Thanks Leonard and Rhonda for everything!!!!!

AND now off to Pasco, Washington. Not the best connections, as I had a plane change and layover in Minneapolis, so didn't arrive in Pasco until around 9pm. Another brother, Richard, met me at the airport there and we were off to his home for the night. They had their grandson Cam staying with them while his folks were on a cruise. 


 Cam loves his hockey!

Friday, November 20th
 Next morning, Richard made breakfast for us... More BACON!! Yummy!

 Rich and Glenda

Later in the morning, Glenda took me into town to my other brother, Stephen's, who is a Chiropractor where I got an adjustment.
Steve and Velda.  My plan was to come back this evening and spend the night with them, however, more about that later...

As you may recall in my earlier blog posts, I had hurt my left arm quite seriously, and it was now almost seized up (I couldn't raise it up more than half way). Anyway I knew if anyone could help me it would be Steve, so after considerable pain on my part, he had helped it a lot, but said I really needed a few treatments to fix it properly.

Right now though, I didn't have that much time, as Cindy Good was coming to pick me up and take me to Moses Lake shortly.


And now we are off, but first stop was Starbucks!!! My first in a very very long time!
Before I left Italy, when I was making plans to come to the USA, I had made a decision to go to Moses Lake and move my things that I had in storage there, down to Colorado, where my daughter lives. There were many times I had wanted her to send me something from my storage, but because it was not accessible and also several hundred miles from her, it just made sense that I would move my things closer to her. I had made arrangements with the storage company and also had reserved a U-Haul for today, Nov. 20th. 

I had already purchased my plane ticket to go directly from Bari to Durango, via Chicago, however, it made more sense to just get a flight on out to Moses Lake while I was in Chicago, as there are no easy connections to anywhere from Durango. Instead of changing my original ticket, I just bought another ticket for Chicago to Pasco. Anyway, while I was sitting in Minneapolis waiting for my next flight to Pasco, I received a message that my return flight from Durango to Bari on December 16th had been cancelled!  What??  Why?? So during my layover in Minneapolis, I spent the whole time getting that sorted out. Something I did not know before, but certainly do now, is if you do not complete a flight, they will cancel the rest of it, including any return flight. So when I didn't go to Durango, and went to Pasco instead, they cancelled my return. Now it cost me an additional $300+ to get my return flight reinstated. Still was cheaper than changing my original ticket, but this really is not very nice of them to cancel an already booked and paid for flight! Urgh!!!  Anyway, got all that sorted out, arrived in Pasco, saw both my brothers here, now on my way to Moses Lake, where more 'best laid plans were subject to change' !!!

What a wonderful privilege to get to spend a couple of uninterrupted hours while we were driving along to visit with one of my best friends; Cindy. We had so much to talk about and so little time to do it, but we were making the most of our time together you can be sure ☺  Since I had also made a dentist appointment in Moses Lake for 1pm, and then was suppose to pick up the U-Haul at 3pm, I was hustling the minute we hit Moses Lake. Dale and Cindy had offered me the use of their new Ford Explorer (very nice car by the way!!! Haven't driven such a nice vehicle since I sold my car when I left the states!)  Anyway, how wonderfully kind of them to let me use their vehicle. 

After Cindy got out at their office, 
I headed for my dentist appointment. My dentist had moved his office, so it took me a while to sort out where he was located, but then when I arrived, he was so glad to see me and I him... strange, how long time associations with people that you haven't seen in a long while, become very dear. Both of us have always loved a crazy sense of humor, so we had lots to talk about... well he did anyway, as my mouth was wide-open and I was unable to say too much... perhaps that's what he was wanting, hee hee ☺ . I had a tooth problem while I was in Italy, and had sought a solution to it there, however, it never came to fruition, so since I was making the trip to Moses Lake, I had called him before coming, asking if he could fix this tooth to a degree to at least get by for now. This is the same tooth that he had done the same thing for almost 20 years ago... we had a good laugh about that. It really needs a crown, but as long as this holds and works... why bother ☺, especially since I did not have the time to do it. Anyway, was ever so nice of him to 1. get me in, 2. do such a fix, as this goes against all his training I'm sure ☺, 3. to do it so willingly and graciously. Thank you Dr. Grant!!!! You're the best~!!!  Also, Dr. Grant, I have your email address and will send you that link that were were talking about, as soon as I remember what it was!! ☺ ☺ The word for 'forgot' in Italiano is 'dimenticato'.... sounds more accurate!!

From here, I went to my old Chiropractor in Moses Lake. Just a couple weeks before coming from Italy, I had a note from him that he had been in a class with my brother and so I wanted to stop and say hello to him while I was here. From there I planned to stop at the PUD office, then go get the U-Haul. When I stopped at his office, he was with a patient, so I thought while I was waiting, I would call the storage place and let them know I was on my way. Here is where the 'best laid plans' got sidetracked.

I had contacted them before I came, that I would be there on the afternoon of the 20th to pick up my things. I had also reserved the U-Haul, made arrangements for other people to help me load it, and was dressed and geared up to 'git'r done'. Now, they tell me they did not get it 'staged' (brought out and on the dock ready for me to load), and they would not possibly be able to do it until Monday, 23rd.  

Well, this wasn't in my plans, however, since I made the decision to live in Italy, I have learned to embrace 'change in plans' on a regular basis. When I called Cindy to tell her about this situation, she told me later, she was surprised, I didn't even sound upset ☺. Said she was more upset than I was!  I guess I have changed!!!  But, there was nothing I could do about it anyway, so no point in stressing, and also, this was only my 2nd day of 30 here in the USA, so I still had plenty of time to sort it all out. My only commitment was to be in Durango at Carissa's by Thanksgiving, which was on Thurs. 26th. Even though it was 1200 miles (approx. 2000km) and I wasn't loaded yet, I have driven these roads before, and knew I could make it within this time frame, unless there were bad roads, due to winter weather. In that case, then I guess I would have other more pressing issues, so, minor detail!!

Also, I had wanted to do a bit of visiting with so many in the Moses Lake area, I was almost happy that this happened, and felt like it happened for a reason. Now, pressure was off for a couple days, so I phoned U-Haul and those helping to load my truck and made arrangements for Monday. Now I could just relax and go visiting, which I did, first stopping at my old place of employment, the PUD. Granted, it was Friday afternoon, and many go home early, or don't work at all on Friday, but I wanted so see whoever was there, and that is what I did. Was great to see as many as I did! They were a little surprised to see 'less' of me, however, I am so glad there is 'less' of me now!

 Julie and
 Estella holding down the fort! Two very beautiful and capable people ☺
 Vangie. Love and miss you Vangie!!
Carolyn & Norma
Carolyn and I worked together for most of our 30+years at the PUD. There were others I saw, but wasn't able to take pictures, due to customers, or me forgetting!  Anyway, so glad to see all of you... Diane, Maria, Jodi, Eric, Richard, Andra, Thaoe, etc., so many I would have loved to have seen, and if I had known I would be here this long, I would have made plans to see more. Anyway, sorry Paula Z! Thanks for the note, I would love to have seen you too! Also, Janet, Dale, Kathie, etc. Also, thanks for saying you still miss me after almost three years... I miss all of you too... well, sort of, hee hee ☺ ... do I need to say again, how much I am enjoying retirement!  Was sort of surprised to hear of all the others who have also retired, but not really. When it is time, it is time! I spent considerably more time here at the PUD than I would have, now that my plans had changed and I had all evening.  Sorry Deb K, that it didn't work out to meet up with you this evening. Would have loved that, but nice to chat even for a couple minutes when you phoned the office while I was there! 

Now, I made a few phone calls and tried to arrange some more visiting. However, I was really starting to feel the effects of  'jet lag, no sleep, time change, doing too much in a short amount of time' , etc., it was now time to just stop. Also was time for Good's to get off work, so I went back to the shop. After they locked up, we headed to Rock Top for dinner. 

 Another wonderful restaurant and great place to eat!



 Dinner with great friends, Dale & Cindy!!

But now for sure, sleep was becoming necessary, so since I wasn't going to be heading back to Tri-Cities as I had originally planned, I phoned my family there to let them know my change in plans. I would spend the weekend with Dale and Cindy in Moses Lake. Now, even though Cindy and I had visited on our drive here, we would have so much more time to visit now and and also, I would have some time with Dale, which otherwise, I would not have gotten. Cam, Rich's grandson, was not too happy with me, as he kept telling his grandma, Glenda, "when is Aunt Carmen coming... I want her to come back".  I felt bad about that, but these are the turns life takes sometimes. Hugs Cam! Sorry I didn't get to see you again.  Now Steve's were headed to the 'coast' for the holidays and I didn't get a night with them either. Hopefully next time I'll have more time with all by siblings and nieces and nephews.

Saturday, November 21st
What a great rest I had... well anyway for a few hours. My internal clock is so messed up, I was up at 4am again, unable to get back to sleep. Was such a lovely morning to just sit around the breakfast table with my 'old' friends.  Oh, and I had BACON again!!! Yum! After breakfast, they started on their weekend yard work, and gave me the keys to their vehicle. 


Again, how gracious are these folks! That was very nice for me, as I was then able to go do some visiting.  

My first call this Saturday morning, was to my dear friend, coworker, and travel buddy Kay. She had a serious accident after I retired, and has had very severe health issues since. If she was up to it, I wanted to make sure and go see her. When I arrived, she called Charlie (retired), another coworker, and his wife, and they also came to her house while I was there, along with Kay's daughter who was there. Was nice to get to see so many at one time. She tried to call Mike, also retired, but he and his wife had gone to California for the holiday.
Kay, me, Charlie

My heart breaks for my dear friend Kay. She is only 54 and has really had a life changing and devastating health set-back. She was having seizure like symptoms when I was there. My vibrant and very active friend reduced to this, was so hard for me to take. I just wanted to give her some of my strength.  This is the way we were just four years ago:

Was hard to say goodbye to her, but hopefully she can get some medical help with this, and soon. Hugs, and more hugs, my dear friend Kay!

On my way back to town, I also made a few phone calls to other dear people. Some I reached (Dale V, loved our visit!!) and others I tried but they weren't available at that time. Some I was able to reach later. Just because I wasn't able to speak to everyone I wanted too, just know that I thought of you and would have loved to had a visit with all of you!!  Virtual hugs to you all!

I also wanted to visit with another person who has very serious health issues, so I phoned and in the early evening, we met for coffee at Starbucks! Have to get my Starbucks fix while I am here too! Anyway, that was a very fruitful visit and certainly, I felt like that was one of the reasons I was 'stuck' in Moses Lake for the weekend. It was a necessary visit and so glad I had that opportunity. Later in the evening about an hour after the visit, I received a phone call, but didn't see it until the next morning. I returned the call, and for the first time in all my years, received something I never expected. An apology and an acknowledgement. So nice to be able to close doors. This closed door, may now actually have opened a door. Hopefully it is just the beginning of some forward, positive choices for this person. 

Before I had left town to go visit Kay this morning, I first swung by to see Sheri but she was not home, then on  to a brief stop at Hearthstone to see Dorothy. I, nor anyone else, had told her I was coming, so it was a bit of a shock to her! It took her a little while to even recognize who I was!  Of course, Dorothy being the 'social person' she is, immediately wanted to take me to dinner on Sunday. I at this point, had not spoken to D & C, so didn't feel I could make plans without doing that first, since I was staying with them. 

Jump forward to late in the evening: By the time I arrived back at Good's home, Dorothy had made all the arrangements! She had invited Good's and several others, to go out to eat at Michael's for Sunday lunch!  I think that old saying of 'strike while the iron is hot' definitely applies to her!!! Love it!!! What a sweetheart and 'go getter'! I can only hope I am half as 'together' at 90 as she is!!!

Sunday, November 22nd
Ah, Sunday!! What a privilege to be in my 'old' church group again!!! Was certainly not expecting to be here this weekend, so was very lucky, that I even had a dress to wear!  When I came from Italy, I only brought one change of clothes, and fortunately it was a 'church' dress!!  I did not however, bring a change of shoes. All I had were my black walkers, but they would just have to do!  The reason I did not bring anything else, is due to the fact, I needed some new clothes and shoes, so I had ordered some dress shoes and had them delivered to my daughter's in Durango before I left Italy. That is also why I wanted empty suitcases, to take back clothes and things, to Italy.  Now, however, instead of being in Durango, I was in Moses Lake and didn't have very much with me. No matter. I was so excited to get to be in this church gathering again! And what a fortunate day for me, as everyone was there, except one couple! Loved being here again! 
Just driving up to their home... how to explain the feelings... like coming home, only better!
  Then walking in and seeing all these wonderful, familiar faces, and also their looks of surprise. Not a single one of them knew I was coming or even in town, or even in the USA for that matter! When I posted my October blog, I had mentioned that I would be coming to America, but was concerned when I posted this, as I didn't know at that time that I would be in Moses Lake for more than a few hours. Was trying to avoid any potential 'hurt' feelings. Anyway, looks like I needn't have worried, as it appears my blog isn't that well read☺
 Some left before I got an individual photo, but Dane, Savanah and Levi Swenson are in this group too.  Also, missed getting and individual photo of Darci and Rylee. Glad you are on the front here, so I can see you easily! Thanks Darci for your hug comment! Meant so much to me!

 Greg, Jen, Abby, Tell and Taggart Rathbun


 Oh my how Abby has grown up... such a beautiful young lady!

 Amy, Brendan and baby Kaikane Thompson
 Ah my sweet Amy!! Love you Ms Amy... always will!!! You and your family will forever be extra special to me! You still give the best hugs... genuine and sweet.

  Harold, Janell, Cody and Amber Buell

 Cindy and Davie Alporque. Oh Cindy, you are the dearest. So glad you insisted on meeting up again later this evening.... just what I was afraid of... too many people to see and places to go, but so glad you were persistent! Loved having more time together! Thanks a million for everything!!!

 Brent, Laureen, Tian and Lindi Robertson.  So Laureen, you wanted me to share all these photos, so here they are ☺ The look on your face when I walked in... priceless ☺ Your note: "What an incredible shock to see you! So thankful we got to see you!"  So glad to see you too!!!

  Jeff and Lorna Jarrell. Sooooo good to be in your home again and with all you dear folks! Thanks for the lunch invite... wish I could have been more than one place at once!

Lorna and her sister Bonnie Lynn. Their brother Bob and his wife, also named Bonnie, were the only ones not here this morning. How fortunate, that I got to see so many today.


 Jeff and Lorna's home near my old house.

Then of course, after church, I had to drive up the street and go past my old place. I looked much the same, however, it certainly didn't 'feel' the same. Was a little strange to even be there again... how quickly we 'move on'. Even though, it was a lovely home, and I miss so many of it's conveniences, I have no desire to be back there. Seems like when Italy 'called me', it stamped my heart and I am so happy to be there. Freda was afraid I would not come back to Italy, if I returned to the USA, however, there is just something that happens that is unexplainable, and I feel my place is now in
Italy, so stop fretting Freda ☺... I'll be back!
All the visiting and picture taking, then a quick loop around to see the old place, all took a bit of extra time this morning. Since several of us were to meet at Michael's on the Lake, for lunch, and I had their car, Dale and Cindy were standing by the side of the road waiting for me when I arrived at Ron's, where they had been.  I felt bad for taking so long, as Rachel had also waited and waited for me to come by, however, eventually she had to leave. So sorry to have missed seeing her.

 And here we are at lunch, arranged by Dorothy! Sally Aylesworth, Jan Demmon, Sharon & Ron Hanson, Dale, Dorthy, me and Cindy. And a scrumptious lunch it was!!!!  Sorry to miss you Butch and Betty... would have loved to connect, but such limited time. So glad Dorothy arranged this meal, or several of these I wouldn't have gotten to see/visit with either. Thank you Dorothy!!

Scrumptious! Don't get baked potatoes or sour cream in Italy!

Or Mexican food of any kind!
Or salads like this!
Or steak like this!
Another birthday treat for Dorothy... she has been celebrating for a week now ☺ Go Dorothy!

And a dessert for the rest of us to share.... we were too stuffed from lunch for more than a bite each.
Sally and Jan. Jan 'cooking' up plans to celebrate here again ☺

So after a very long lunch, we returned to Dale and Cindy's, then I took the car again and went and picked up Cindy Alporque's mother and we headed to Amy's house. 

Amy bought much of my furniture when I moved, and was so fun to get to see many of my 'things' again!! She has so beautifully covered the chairs to protect them from baby Kai. How decorative and cute they are! 
 Thank you once again Cindy A, for persisting on this little time for us to be together again! Love being with you and your family! And thank you Amy for trying to make connections for me with Angelina & Chris... sorry they were out of town, would have loved to see and be with them too!

 The best 'grandma' ever!! So sweet and patient.

Monday, November 23rd
And my time is quickly coming to an close here in Moses Lake. What a fast weekend. So thankful I had this time here and got to see so many and spend some extra special time with a few.

 Cindy pointing to her Italian mosaic. Says every time she looks at it, it reminds her of me. How special Cindy!!!  What would I do without you!

Last breakfast together. Dale left for work early, then Cindy took me to the U-Haul shop to pick up my truck. Dale and Kyle and Victor will meet me at the storage facility around 9:30 this morning to help load the truck.

 Well again, things don't always work out as planned. First I rented a 20 foot truck, but after we all arrived at the storage facility, they had my things quite spread out, and it looked like there was certainly more stuff there than would fit a 20 foot truck. Now what to do? I phoned U-Haul and there best solution was to return the 20 foot and exchange for a 26 foot. I felt bad, because now this meant all these guys would have to come back again. But nothing for it, but just get it done, so back I went to the local U-Haul rental place.

Now I am not sure why this particular place of business that rents U-Hauls were even still in business, if how they treated my exchange request is any example of how they normally operate. When I had originally phoned U-Haul corporate, they indicated all I needed to do was return the truck and redo the paperwork and pick up the new size truck.

What actually happened, the girl there wanted to charge me for $25 worth of fuel, and one day's rent of $110. plus other fees. I could hardly believe my ears! I had driven less than 10 miles, and the fuel tank didn't even show a difference in the gauge, but I was willing to put in a couple of gallons of fuel non-the-less. But, certainly not $25 worth! Fuel was less than $2 per gallon! Then I tried to point out to her that I only had the truck less than an hour... how could she justify a whole day?? especially, when I had rented the truck for a total of five days. No way was I getting any use out of the truck in just one hour!  Anyway she was insistent, so while in her presence, I took out my cell phone and called corporate and explained to them. Wow, what an attitude shift she had, without even speaking to them herself. Suddenly, she dropped it all, asked me if I would go put a couple gallons of fuel in the truck and we were even. She would write a new contract and I could be on my way. Unbelievable!!!  I am still in disbelief over her actions and obviously the business operations itself, because you could tell this wasn't the first time she had done this. I was seriously tempted to write a letter to the editor in the local newspaper, but then I don't live there any more, so just decided to 'let it go' and enjoy my 'driving trip'.  Excellent or even good customer service seems to be a thing of the past. I am just flabbergasted at how the younger generation conduct themselves and do business. Simply 'not how it used to be done' !!!


Now I have a bigger truck, and on my way back to the storage unit.

These three fine young men, Victor and his two buddies, came once again to help me load up. Also, a little later Dale and Kyle came, however, these three were doing such a fine job, and D & K had work commitments, so after a bit of they were able to go back to their jobs.  What a fabulous job these boys did! They packed it tight and roped it off and after 1200 miles (approx. 2000km) over some really rough roads, things were just as they had been when loaded!! You three were fantastic!

I tried to pay them, however, two finally agreed to take at least a little for lunch, but Victor wouldn't take anything. Said he was just glad to be of help!! What a fine young man he is. He has been my buddy since I first met him at 6 years of age. Can't wait for you to come to Italy and see me Vic!

 And now a few hours later than I had anticipated, truck is loaded, then after fueling up and then stopping at Lowe's to purchase a lock for the back door of the truck, I was on my way. It had been snowing a little all morning, so I was happy to get on the road. I heard later that day, that they had a fair amount of snow after I left and the next day, even more. Looks like I made it out just ahead of the storm. Perfect!  ROAD TRIP!! I have always loved a road trip and now I get to have another one! Excited for this!

I wanted to put a few miles behind me this day, hoping to stay ahead of the storm, so drove to Boise, Idaho and stayed at the Shilo Inn. Would have liked to have driven farther, however, by now it was dark and I was still suffering from lack of sleep from the trip over here and not being able to get more than four or five hours of sleep at night, so decided it was a good place and time to stop and catch a room and get a bit of rest at least.  Cindy had packed me a wonderful bag of groceries and snacks and already prepped salads, so I certainly wasn't hungry, but just in need of rest.  My brother phoned to check up on my progress and the condition of the roads, as he drives through here many times in his truck.  I really appreciated this care and concern.  

Tuesday, November 24th
Had a nice rest, however, another short one... still can't seem to make my body understand I am on a different time schedule now!  The storm was still behind me, however, there had been snow through here previously.  Roads were bare and dry and not excessively cold out. In addition, I had layered up on my clothes, so stayed very nice and warm.  On Saturday, when I was in Moses Lake, I had gone to Walmart and purchased a fleece jacket and pants, so these were nice and warm. Then of course, I had a few layers under and over these.... socks, tights, vests, etc ☺

Absolutely some beautiful and amazing country through this way. I took as many pictures as I usually do, however, this area is so big and so many details, it is very hard to capture it in a photo.

If you haven't already noticed, the time and date on all my photos are skewed by 8 and 9 hours ahead. I didn't change the date/time in my camera for several days, so took me a while to sort out my photos and make sure they actually matched the REAL date. ☺

Had a very wonderful day just driving and seeing all the scenery.  Didn't push real hard, so went a little slower and just enjoyed it all!  After I got near Ogden, Utah, however, the traffic and pace picked up a little. I came through here not even during rush hour, and was amazed at how much this area has grown is such a short time, and also, the amount of traffic all the way from Ogden to Spanish Forks where I cut off.  Twelve (12!!!) lanes of traffic! Granted it wasn't 'stuffed up' here, but can only imagine what this would be like during a 'busy' time!  

Would loved to have stopped while driving through here and saw Marcia, however, not feasible this time. Sure thought of her while going through here though. Maybe next time Mars!!

I phoned my daughter about this time and asked if there was anything she needed at Costco, as I would be passing right by one (well more than one!, but one very close and easy one to get off and on with a big truck ☺) . So now I have a partial list, but, not having much success with texts on my old flip phone (grrr Sprint for not getting me a SIM for my smart phone!!)  



Anyway, I stopped at the store and then called her as I was walking up and down the aisles, naming off everything, seeing if she needed any. Worked out fairly well! So a couple hundred dollars later, I was piling more 'stuff' in the back of the truck, then on my way again. Wasn't planning to go much further this night, as I had only about a half day's drive tomorrow. Could have made it all the rest of the way today, however, there are some very lonely stretches of highway out through this area, and if I had any vehicle trouble, or bad roads, I would certainly prefer for it to happen in the daylight hours, especially an 'old woman' traveling alone. ☺

Stopped in Green River and spent the night. Had turned in relatively early about 8pm, and was nice to have a few hours to just rest, even though, I still didn't sleep much. Will be glad when my internal clock gets adjusted.

Wednesday, November 25th
Wow, what a gorgeous morning. So far, I have had excellent weather and roads and getting to see this sunrise this morning, was worth waiting until today to drive through this area. This is some of the most beautiful rock formations. Moab is a must see if you've never been through here. 







After a day of gorgeous scenery and fabulous weather, I arrived at Carissa's just after lunch.
They had been working at the new house, but thought I should be arriving soon, and pulled into their apartment complex just minutes before I arrived. The thrill of getting to hug my grandson, is something every grandmother knows and feels. Nothing like those special hugs!
 Upon arrival in Durango!
Didn't do much this afternoon, however, did go and scout out the storage unit that I plan to put all this stuff in, and guess what!!! Not going to be nearly big enough! Now trying to reach the office to find if they have a bigger unit. Long story short, after a few phone calls and alternative options to other places, he finally called me back and new arrangements were made. It all worked out perfectly in the end. I am very content to have my things here and easily accessible.

Then Carissa needed to provide lunch for the hard working men in her life, so we stopped at the bread store and couple other places and headed for the lot.  
 Spent a couple hours now up at Trevor and Carissa's new house in the building.
























Trevor getting it done!













They are expecting snow anytime, so Trevor is on a big push to get this portion of the roof sheeted, so they can get it covered before more snow flies. 

Time to stop and get supper ready...
Carissa is such a good cook!

By this point in the afternoon/evening, I am really feeling the week of very little rest, all the visiting, all the driving.... everything!!! It had finally came crashing down and I was just exhausted. There was bible study this night, but my tired bones and weary body just couldn't make that happen... I went to bed about 7pm and never got up until very late the next morning. Finally, I was able to get some much needed sleep and in the right 'time zone'! This was my turning point, and I rested good from this day on, with the exception of my usual non rest from 'too much coffee too late in the day' kind. ☺

Thursday, November 26th, Thanksgiving Day
Next morning Carissa prepared one of my favorites.... Hungarian pancakes, swimming in butter and real maple syrup! 





After breakfast, it was time to get that U-Haul unloaded before the weather changed and we had to unload in the snow and adverse weather conditions. I had been sooooo fortunate to have such awesome weather this whole time. One of my biggest concerns of moving my things at this time of year was having bad driving conditions, etc., but so far, everything was just perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything more, but now time to finish this project before things changed. Since Trevor and Wade were earnestly working on their house, we did not have them help us unload, just Carissa, Dean and I. We unloaded it all, with the exception of six+ very heavy and awkward items... w/d, fridge, etc. When Trevor and Wade returned from the lot a little after 7pm, I went back up to meet them at the storage unit and they unloaded the last few things, before we all headed to the house for Thanksgiving dinner!

Carissa, Dean and I had that truck unloaded in about 3 hours this morning, now it was time to start preparing Thanksgiving dinner. Because of the curfew on working hours at their new house, we weren't going to eat until evening, when Trevor returned after 7pm. That actually worked out good for getting the truck unloaded today, as Carissa didn't have to start preparing Thanksgiving meal as early as she otherwise would have. But now, just after 12 noon, the truck was unloaded, we were back at the house and the prep began in earnest.















 And then it was time to EAT! Yum, Yum, Yum!!


While our cook was in the kitchen, Dean was perfecting his drawing skills. He is an amazing artist.


Some of his previous work:




While I didn't get to be with my other daughters on Thanksgiving day, they did however get to be together in Texas. I phoned and talked and also phoned my sister in Texas this day, since I wouldn't get to see her either. Looks like they were having a great Thanksgiving too. Would loved to have been there too ☺ Thanks to all who shared their photos. Loved getting to at least 'see' them ☺












Friday, November 27th, day after Thanksgiving
First thing this morning was to return the U-Haul now that everything was unloaded. The boys and I swept it out and fueled it up and headed to the return. They were a bit short handed on help here on this Black Friday morning, so had to wait a fair bit, but no problems, or issues on the truck return. Yeah! all accomplished as hoped for and another closure for me!

Trevor doing his usual at the new house. Making progress on getting the final portion of the roof sheeted.



The boys had Hockey practice today, and ....




Carissa and I had some Serious, Black Friday shopping to take care of!!!!  So we headed to the mall. I am happy to say, that Durango being a little smaller city and out of the way of any Freeways, made it much nicer for Black Friday shopping.... not the hoards of crowds. Thank goodness, because that is not something I enjoy. As it turned out, we had, or anyway I had an awesome day of shopping and found many, many things that I was hoping to find for new clothing to take back to Italy with me. I also found awesome things for the Caputo clan to take back. Wonderful day of shopping.

Then in the evenings we played a few games of scrabble. We played a lot of scrabble while I was here. Sure do miss having anyone to play games with here... there have been a few times, but not something done much here in Italy.



Saturday, November 28th
More of the same, Trevor at the house working, Carissa and I running around, cooking, shopping, ferrying boys and picking up parts for Trevor. All in a days work for this crew. They are very busy people with all that's going on for them right now. Dean and I stayed home in the afternoon, as I had some organizing and laundry that needed to get done.


Carissa made hearty soup with leftover turkey and some wonderful bread. She is an awesome cook.




Sunday, November 29th
Up and at it this morning, then off to church. What a lovely gathering and enjoyed getting to be with these folks again. A few new faces too. 
 My grandsons like 'nice' clothes... also I had on new threads today from my shopping expedition.



Since the minute I arrived, the boys have been wanting me to make 'chocolate gravy', so today was the day. Along with the chocolate gravy,

 I made biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs. Actually, Carissa made the biscuits, while I made the rest. Oh, it was yummy. Unless you've not had something for a very long time, you can't really appreciate it as much, so since all of us hadn't had this probably since the last time I was here, we thoroughly enjoyed it!!


In the afternoon Trevor and Dean doing what Dean loves... playing Chess

Today, I had an email and photos attached from Freda of their lunch group in Italy and the Caputo's, along with the new baby... she's just making sure I don't forget ☺ hee hee, like I could!! Loved getting both the email and the pictures. Thank you Freda!

  
Monday, November 30th
Last day of the month and the boys' Thanksgiving vacation was over and back to school for them. Also for Trevor, back to work at 5 or 5:30AM and off at 3 or 3:30pm, then immediately to the new house being constructed and work until the subdivision curfew at 7pm. Hard to get much done in such a few hours, yet, I have seen great progress being made. He got the roof all sheeted now and is currently working on the stairs going to the basement. 

For me, today was a day for me to get serious about sorting out my storage sheds. When we unloaded the truck, it was all about just getting everything off the truck and into the shed. Now, time to sort and organize, so both I and Carissa, will know where things are, if I should need her to send me something and also to get a few things to take back with me now.  
After a few hours working here, I didn't get finished all I wanted to this day, but I did get started. Nice to have a couple weeks here in Durango; that will give me time to do this and still do other things as well. 

Carissa was up to doing her usual; running the boys to school, figuring out new construction house stuff, spending time with me, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, entertaining... the work of a mother / housewife... never ends. 

Now, I need to decide, since this concludes November... do I post this November blog separately, or together with December, since I am only now getting started with my USA visits, etc. hmmmm what to do....

Okay, I've decided. I will post this one for November now, and hopefully, get the December one done in a day or two and get it posted also, so here it is.... read at your own risk!
More to come in December  ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment