Not much going on today, except
an all-day train ride. Had a wonderful
evening yesterday with the Caputo’s in Bari, got my laundry done and had a good
rest last night. Marco helped me sort
out some phone and hotspot issues I was having, so looks like I’m set for
today. Thank you Marco!
Got up early today to catch the 10am train to Vicchio
arriving at 7pm. Thank you Nicola and
Mariella for taking me to the station. Getting
familiar with this route from Bari to Vicchio… third time I’ve been this way. Beautiful country through here and I never
get tired of watching the Sea.
Also, lots of stops and a lot of people traveling today, but
I don’t mind the stops really, as it breaks up the trip a bit and I’m a good
people watcher. J Two seatmates have been chattering all the
way in Italian. The more I hear it, the
more I recognize new words. I still have
not learned to speak much, but do have a bigger vocabulary and understand
more. Amazing how just a word or two
here and there and I can somewhat follow a conversation (and this is especially helpful when they are making announcements at the train station, like they did yesterday when at the last minute they switched the Binario where I was suppose to be!!)
With all the moving about in Italy and
Greece, I have not really had any time to study the language. One thing I am really looking forward to, is
to get settled in so I can concentrate on learning to speak Italian. It is a beautiful language and I really want
to master it.
Looking forward to seeing Piccolo’s this evening. Will gather up my things that I need to take
to USA, then tomorrow I’ll catch the train to Florence, then another train to
Rome where I have an evening flight to Dublin.
Looking forward to seeing Ireland for a couple of days, but sorry to be
leaving Italy so soon.
Mixed emotions today… will be good to see friends and family
in the USA again, but Italy has taken a huge place in my heart already and I’m sure
hoping all goes well with getting my VISA in USA, so I can get back sooner.
Hope I don’t lose my ‘edge’ while I’m gone. Just getting a good grasp on these trains and
schedules, and also getting a few arm and leg muscles lifting my luggage up and
down all these stairs.
July 2, 2014
Arrived in Vicchio with no problems and Mariano picked me up and made a wonderful dinner for me when we arrived back at their home. His folks came home some time later. Then I did some repacking for USA travel and now this morning I'm getting ready to catch the train at noon heading to Florence and then to Rome to catch my evening flight to Dublin. At least, I 'll get to see a moment of Florence and Rome both before I leave Italy.
Sure don't like saying goodbye. These are such wonderful caring people, and I have loved my time with them. Aurora had to go to work early this morning, so I got up and had breakfast with her before she left. Mariano prepared another wonderful lunch before I leave here in a few minutes. Seafood over spaghetti.
Looking forward to getting back here soon.
Next post from Ireland!
Arrivederci Italy!
Your organizational skills are paying great dividends :) Maybe see you on USA turf!
ReplyDelete